Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Rational and Irrational Thought

I am currently researching and writing about Coordinated Access, which we are about to launch here in Dallas. (If you receive our e-newsletter, you already know what this is. If you don’t, why not sign up? Just email me at david.gruber@mdhadallas.org, and I will add you to the list.)  

In this context, specifically the difficulties in obtaining buy-in for programs and ideas backed up by objective research, I found this Scientific American article particularly instructive: Rational and Irrational Thought: The Thinking that IQ Tests Miss - http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/rational-and-irrational-thought-the-thinking-that-iq-tests-miss/?utm_source=digg&utm_medium=email. Check it out, when you have a moment.

By the way, the slightly naughty subtitle (click on the above link, and see it for yourself) actually made me think of the upcoming legislative session. I don’t know why; I just can’t put my finger on it…

No comments:

Post a Comment