Monday, July 6, 2015

As a Consumer – What Do I Need From the Homeless Response System?

If possible not to become homeless, by self-resolving, with the system's assistance – I need the system’s light touch;

If I am homeless, and can rapidly rehouse and get on with my life, do so quickly, efficiently and in a way that will end my homelessness – I need the system's moderate touch;

If I am homeless, especially if I am chronically homeless, and due to disability, substance abuse or other long term and entrenched challenges, cannot rapidly rehouse, be housed in permanent supportive housing, in a way that will end my homelessness – I need the system's heavy touch.

Regardless, whoever I approach should ensure I connect with a homeless response system, which views me as a distinct individual, objectively assesses my needs, and addresses them through this one lens: "What solutions does this person need to quickly and efficiently end their homelessness?"

No comments:

Post a Comment